KitchenAid, the premium manufacturer renowned for its appliances that offer professional performance and stylish design, has continued to provide intelligent solutions and expand the culinary range of the designer kitchen with the inclusion of the KRAB 6010 shock freezer in its product portfolio.
Seasonal and home grown produce is often the source of the best flavours, textures and nutrition. Unfortunately, in the cold and dark winter months the quality of the summer crop can seem a distant memory. With the KitchenAid KRAB 6010 shock freezer it is possible to store that invaluable summer crop of juicy fruit and refreshing vegetables to enjoy their rich and sweet flavours throughout the year.
This Kitchen Aid shock freezer is able to freeze fruit and vegetables at speed, limiting the expansion of ice particles within. By keeping these crystals as miniscule as possible the cells of the produce are not ruptured during freezing and texture, form and flavour are retained after defrosting.
Due to the rapid speed of freezing there is no need for preserving techniques such as blanching, steaming or dry packing, as fruit and vegetables can be rapidly frozen and then moved to a conventional freezer to be stored, in bulk, while remaining perfectly preserved.
The appeal of being able to store fresh fruit and vegetables provides those with kitchen gardens or access to small holdings or allotments the ability to enjoy their produce throughout the year. This creates the possibility of being able to cook with seasonally grown fruit all year round using their rich full flavours to create delicious home cooked meals and impress dinner guests.
This shock freezer can also be combined with a KitchenAid KSVC 3610 vacuum machine that will pack the succulent summer offerings within an inert environment to create an easy freezer storage solution and perfect preservation.
Juliana Sado, Brand Marketing Manager for KitchenAid, says: “This KitchenAid shock freezer (KRAB 6010) is the perfect addition to a designer kitchen and the ideal companion for those who grown fruit and vegetables at home, have an allotment or love to take advantage of roadside stalls and farmers’ markets. Due to rapid freezing and preservation of nutrients, flavour, texture and colour this shock freezer makes it possible to enjoy the summer harvest all year round.”
Key features and benefits of the KitchenAid KRAB 6010 shock freezer:
• Built-in 60cm shock freezer with revolutionary shock freezing and blast chilling technology
• Shock freezing function reduces temperatures radically from +90°C to -18°C within four hours, preserving food up to three times longer than traditional methods
• Flavour, smell, colour and texture of even the most delicate foods and fruit are preserved to a much higher standard, maintaining nutritional content and flavour
• Blast chilling and drinks cooling function reduces temperatures from +90°C to +3°C within 1 and a half hours and chills drinks in minutes
• Temperature probe for exceptional precision and freezing accuracy
• Time and temperature operation modes with programme end alarm
• Eye-catching blue LCD control display that matches the rest of the KitchenAid range
• Styled in EasyClean, scratch-proof and anti-corrosive stainless steel featuring nanotechnology that protects the surface with a thin durable layer
• Capacity of 37 litres allowing for rapid freezing of larger amounts of fruit and vegetables
• Dimensions H x W x D: 595 x 595 x 578 mm
For stockists or more information on this product, or the complete KitchenAid appliance range, please call KitchenAid UK on 0800 988 1266 or visit www.kitchenaid.co.uk